Tuesday, May 13, 2014

So I am about to re-start this blog with a new project but since I never actually posted images of my final project installed back in 2010 at the Northern Clay Center titled "The Garden" I will do it here and now...three years later!   (If it is any consolation I did the installation while pregnant and now have one three year old and one 15 month old...they have been my most fantastic recent "projects" that I have been working on lately!

I should also let any students know who have looked over the earlier blog posts for this body of work...I used not a one of the pieces that you see in the posts of the work that I made at the Northern Clay Center in this final piece.  Every object you see in the final installation was made after my residency at home here in Arkansas.  I was on a steep learning curve in a short three month period (about equivalent to an academic semester)  in Minneapolis, teaching myself how to slip cast and trying to experiment with surfaces on forms that were complicated, so I took bits of what I learned from each of those pieces and re-made all of them so the final pieces were cohesive and as close to what I wanted as possible!

The panels are each about 10 feet high by 3 1/2 feet wide made entirely of glazed and slip cast objects.


This is a small detail of the surfaces applied to a few of the pieces.  The twigs had glaze, gold luster and one of a kind decals, the snow balls had glaze and slip trailing, the birds were straight glaze and the grasshoppers had glaze, underglaze pencil drawings and gold luster.



NOW...OFF TO THE NEXT BIG PROJECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment