Sunday, August 16, 2009

Busy week - short post

All work and no play is actually pretty great when you think your work is so fun, challenging and interesting! I have in fact had a very busy week... I have made 4 new sculptures that are not yet slip decorated, repaired multiple pieces (not all but a few cracked, I think I know why it happened and can resolve it) post bisque that had problems (we will see if that works), glazed 6 pieces which are firing as I write, and doing photoshop tutorials in the evenings to improve my decal making skills. The company that I am going to use to print the decals I make happens to be located here in Minneapolis, so I am going to get on that and make a few sheets, however the decal sheets are pretty expensive so I need to be sure they are what I want, plus learning photoshop by myself takes time!

Since so many pieces are in the kiln right now and won't be out until Tuesday and most of the other work I did this week isn't really picture worthy I am going to keep this one short and write a supplemental post on Tuesday with all of the images. Keep your fingers crossed for me, as usual the glazing could make the pieces glorious or hideous. More on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment